Community Participation Bootcamp 2018
June 7-8, 2018, $700 per person, REGISTER NOW
If you want to build a strong community organization, start with your community.
Want to open your organization to your community? At this hands-on training, you’ll learn the theory and practice of how to do so–and how to make your organization more relevant, vibrant, valued, and sustainable along the way. Get inspired. Get new tools. Open it up.
This bootcamp is led by Nina Simon, MAH executive director, and rooted in lessons learned from hundreds of participatory projects at the MAH and around the world.
Come to this two-day bootcamp to:
- Articulate your goals for community participation at your organization.
- Map your community’s assets and needs and how they align with your goals.
- Get a crash course in social capital theory and ways of measuring community participation.
- Develop compelling, powerful participatory offers and promises for your prospective partners.
- Gain new community participation tools you can take home and adapt to your organization.
- Connect with diverse colleagues who can help you as you continue your journey.
- Tour MAH participatory exhibitions and shadow MAH community events.
- Get inspired, laugh out loud, and share honest lessons from the messy, joyful world of community participation.
Not just for museum people.
This bootcamp is designed for working professionals seeking to implement community participation in your organization or program. While we will tour some of the MAH’s participatory programs and exhibitions, this bootcamp is not museum-centric. We welcome campers from diverse community, civic, and cultural sites.
The fee for Bootcamp is $700 per person. But community participation is better with friends! Bring 2 or more people from your organization for $200 off each registration.
Registration is limited to 40 people on a first-come, first-served basis. Register now here.